Please note javascript is required for full website functionality.

Latest News

4 June, 2021

Haz-mat emergency

A 47-year-old male was taken to Gilgandra hospital at 8.55am on Friday, May 21, with mouse bait poisoning.

By Supplied

The mouse bait gives off a toxic gas when it comes into contact with moisture, which made it a hazardous material incident. The hospital was partially isolated until around 1pm, when the man was treated and transported to Dubbo Hospital in a stable condition. A number of staff had to be decontaminated before the hospital could fully re-open.

Several fire and rescue vehicles appeared on the scene.

Most Popular